Discover how we’ve added value
“McGillicuddy Consulting quickly defined our needs and applied their extensive experience to our business model. The results were exceptional. I can highly recommend McGillicuddy Consulting.”Nick Taylor
Viking Ocean Cruises
Viking Ocean Cruises proudly launched a new ocean cruise line, building upon their dominance of the global river cruise market.
McGillicuddy Consulting was trusted to deliver Viking’s vision of a superior cruising experience to the world, through outstanding service standards and operating procedures, with attention down to the finest detail.
- Develop excpetional Service Standards for all major guest experiences
- Develop supporting Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure consistent service delivery
- Design, Develop and Execute a Start-up Training Program to ensure every crew member learned and owned Viking’s service standards
- Industry leading service standards were developed to define the quintessential guest experience for Viking guests, both onboard and ashore, bringing to life the sophisticated and understated experience Viking customers have come to expect from this leading brand.
- To ensure consistent service delivery throughout every aspect of the operation, over 200 comprehensive SOP’s were developed for the major onboard operational procedures, leveraging industry best practices.
- An engaging and innovative Training Program was developed to guarantee team members fully understood, embraced and practiced these standards.
- To ensure the outcomes were achieved, we masterminded the delivery of this training program as part of the ship’s start-up program, and saw it through to the ship’s very successful maiden voyage.
- One of the most successful ship launches in recent years was achieved with global, widespread recognition.
- Exceptional guest feedback was received on the onboard service experience, both onboard and in the media.
- Viking’s vision was realised through this valuable and rewarding partnership.
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
Miami, FL USA
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is the world second largest cruise line and operates several brands in all global cruise markets.
They needed operational expertise from someone with a true understanding of shipboard hotel operations.
They approached McGillicuddy Consulting to help with various initiatives designed to improve their operational efficiency and ensure their organisation was correctly structured for their rapid fleet growth.
- Effectively modernize housekeeping operations management by developing and implementing new Housekeeping systems, leadership structures and performance management systems,
- Participate in a complete redesign of shipboard laundry on Quantum Class ships, to reduce waste, improve operational flow and turnaround times for processing linen and terry products.
- The introduction of a completely new housekeeping organisation, including the introduction of the Executive Housekeeper position and deck supervisor positions on each ship in the Royal Caribbean global fleet.
- The development and deployment of a Housekeeping Performance Management system that incentivised housekeeping performance.
- A complete restructure of the Housekeeping organisation.
- Vastly improved operational efficiency.
- Significant increase in customer satsification.
Makarem Hospitality approached McGillicuddy Consulting, impressed by our extensive experience in the international Hotel industry.
They required a complete set of SOP’s detailing international service standards, which would allow for impeccable service delivery and consistent operational practices from one property to another.
- Develop an in depth, comprehensive SOP manual for each department tn the hotel, numbering eight in total. The SOP’s needed to be generic, yet comply with the highest international service standards.
- The introduction of detailed SOP’s ensured operational standards were executed consistently and to the highest international standards.
- Guest service and operational efficiency dramtically increased, resulting in a huge increase in guest satisfaction and strengthening Makarem’s reputation as a leading hospitality brand both locally and internationally.
Johannesburg, South Africa
As one of SA’s leading eCommerce companies, Digital Planet is a rapidly growing service provider, specializing in developed, customised logistics and customer service solutions to major banking, finance and telecommunications companies.
Digital Planet approached McGillicuddy Consulting to navigate and facilitate the company’s expansion, improve performance and ensure consistently dynamic, responsive and flexible service.
We analysed each customer pain point, studied the operational challenges, and developed targeted plans for maximum impact to:
- Dramatically improve service delivery and customer experience
- Significantly improve operational efficiency
- Help design and develop products that support the company’s rapid growth.
- Digital Planet’s current successful delivery time is over 90% of deliveries within 24 hours. Their current delivery time window (window of time given to the customer for when they can expect delivery) has been reduced from 24 hours to 3 hours.
- In the first month of the project, 5% of customer orders were escalations due to service failures. 6 months later, this amount was reduced to 0.5%
- DP succesfully grew their business, whilst significantly improving their operations and vastly increasing their customer satisfaction.
Cape Town, South Africa
Nox Rentals is Cape Town’s leading vacation rental company, with a portfolio that includes many of Cape Town’s most luxurious villas. They are unique in that they both manage and rent all properties.
Nox rentals approached McGillicuddy Consulting with the challenge of achieving operational consistency across this diverse collection of upmarket villas.
- Define world-class service standards for all major guest touch points, namely: Guest Relations, Concierge, Housekeeping and Sales & Reservations.
- Implement measurement techniques to ensure standards are consistently met, both internally and whenever external service providers are used.
- A 90% reduction in service failures, resulting in huge increases in customer satisfaction.
- The entire team of employees and suppliers fully engaged in the process.
- Operational consistency was achieved across Nox Rental’s diverse portfolio of luxury villas.
Adventure World Warsaw
McGillicuddy Consulting was approached by Eastern Europe’s largest theme park development, to develop two unique themed hotels with a combined total of over 500 rooms.
- To design a 315-room upscale All Suite Hotel and a 210-room Luxury Hotel, and intergrate the hotels into the theme park’s design.
- Thie intergration had to be achieved through careful hotel layout planning and design, as well as through the theming of rooms to compliment the theme park.
- McGillicuddy Consulting achieved a complete construction-ready design for both hotels.
- We developed several major operational enhancements to the design of both hotels. This enabled additional revenue opportunities, streamlined the guest traffic flow and optimised the hotel layouts for operational efficiency and guest convenience.
- Skillfully conducted negotiations with various major hotel operators regarding the branding of both hotels.
- Build ready designs were achieved in time for the project’s groundbreaking in July 2013. Unfortunately the project did not materialise to full construction due to project investment challenges.